The new Cleveland Launcher DST driver may look like a fairly conventional club, but it’s hiding a big technology secret... ...The Launcher DST is the lightest driver in golf!
The clubweight is just 292 grams – that’s 25 grams lighter than standard drivers, which usually weigh in around the 317 grams mark. The lighter the clubweight, the faster the clubhead speed and that equals greater overall distance (a three to 10 yard gain).
At only a half millimetre in thickness, the new Launcher crown is the thinnest possible, which also helps move every bit of potential weight low and deep in the clubhead to optimise launch conditions and maximise distance.
The variable face thickness of the driver Launcher DST allows a higher C.O.R. on off-centre hits for a higher trampoline effect and more ball speed and distance on miss hits shots.
Moreover nine grams of weight is removed from the face and repositioned low & deep in the club head to create a lower, deeper centre of gravity (CG) for a better launch angle, higher MOI and straighter, longer drives.
In addition to the head design, the DST is fitted with a longer, lighter Mitsubishi Diamana shaft. This too contributes to the higher swing speeds and additional distance golfers can expect.
All of this technology is packed inside a club that boasts those sought-after traditional great looks – a classic pear shaped head, a jet-black crown with no alignment aid, a square to open face angle that sits perfectly behind the ball and a classic sole design.
The Launcher DST driver will begin shipping on December 1st 2009 with an RRP of £229.00
LAUNCHER DST KEY FEATURES
SUB 300g TECHNOLOGY
* The lightest driver in golf. 25 grams lighter overall clubweight than standard drivers.
* Produces faster clubhead speed for greater overall distance (3-10 yards)
MaxCOR FACE TECHNOLOGY
* Variable face thickness allows higher C.O.R. on off-centre hits.
* Miss hits benefit from a higher trampoline effect for more ball speed and distance.
* Nine grams of weight is removed from the face and repositioned low and deep in the clubhead. This creates a deeper centre of gravity for higher MOI and straighter drives.
ULTRA LIGHT DIAMANA RED 44 SHAFT
* Longer shaft length (45.75”) and lighter weight (47g) increases the swing speed (3-5mph).
* Translates to a higher ball speed and longer drives.
* Traditional clubhead: look, sound and feel.
* 0.5mm Thin Crown Technology.
* Performance Weighted Sole.
* New Tour inspired grip design.
* TOUR MODEL: 2º open face, compact 430cc pear shaped head design, Diamana White Board shaft provides flighted Tour trajectory.
* DRAW MODEL: 3º closed face, draw bias weighting.
For more information please visit: www.clevelandgolf.com