TaylorMade-adidas Golf Staff Player writes history
TaylorMade-adidas Golf staff player Martin Kaymer, impressed with an outstanding performance at the US PGA Championship and with it sealed a place in the European Ryder Cup team.
The TMaG staff player won the dramatic tournament in a play-off over left-hander Bubba Watson. Commenting on his triumph, Kaymer said: "It was an amazing feeling on 18 with two putts to win - that felt pretty cool. I don't realise what has just happened - I just won my first major and I am just on Tour for four years. I have goosebumps."
Kaymer is the first German to win the US PGA Championship.
In Kaymer's Bag:
Driver: R9 SuperTri 8.5°
Fairways: R9 13°, Burner 17.5°
Irons: rac MB 3 - PW
Wedges: rac 54°, TP XFT ZTP 58°
Ball: Penta TP
Shoes: adidas adiPure
"I was not so calm in the last round to be honest. The last four or five holes I was quite nervous to be honest. But I played solid golf. My short game was very good today. It was important that I could save pars the last few holes."
"I was never really expecting myself to win here on Sunday. I know that I had a chance, but, you know, majors, they are a little bit different than normal golf tournaments that we play week to week."
* Quotes from ASAP Sports transcript of post round press conference
• Martin Kaymer joined the TaylorMade-adidas Golf team in January 2010
• The US PGA was Martin's first Major Championship victory in his 12th Major Championship appearance
• Martin becomes the first Continental European since José Maria Olazábal (1999 Masters Tournament) to win a Major Championship
• He follows Bernhard Langer (1985, 1993 Masters Tournament) as the second German to win a Major Championship
• TaylorMade ranked No. 1 in drivers, No. 2 in golf balls at Whistling Straits
• Driver Count: TaylorMade - 50 Nearest competitor - 43
• First Major Championship Win for Penta TP Ball
• Kaymer's Penta TP balls are numbered "59" for the lowest round he's shot in competition
• 36 worldwide tour victories for TaylorMade drivers in 2010