WITH THIS WIN
SUNDAY JUNE 26, 2011 – BMW INTERNATIONAL OPEN
• His second European Tour International Schedule victory in his 109th European Tour event.
• Moves to €746,964 in The Race to Dubai.
• Moves to just outside the top 90 of the Official World Golf Ranking from 180th.
• His first victory since the 2008 Alstom Open de France.
• Since his 2008 victory has played 91 European Tour events.
• In that time his best European Tour finishes were third in the 2008 Madrid Masters and tied third in the 2010 BMW International Open and 2011 Open de España.
• This victory continues his fine 2011 form, having finished third in the Open de España, tied fourth in the Saab Wales Open and tied fifth in the Avantha Masters.
• His victory in a five hole-play off was the longest play-off on The European Tour since Ernie Els beat Thomas Levet in The Open Championship in 2002.
• Just the second Spanish golfer to win the BMW International Open, following Miguel Angel Jiménez in 2004.
• Third Spanish victory of the 2011 season. They are: Pablo Martin (Alfred Dunhill Championship, Alvaro Quiros (Omega Dubai Desert Classic) and Pablo Larrazabal (BMW International Open).
• The 159th Spanish victory in European Tour history.
• Gains a two year European Tour exemption until the end of 2013.
• His second win as a professional.
• Gains a place in the 2011 Open Championship, WGC – Bridgestone Invitational and WGC – HSBC Champions.