Kenneth Ferrie (Getty Images)
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 25, 2011 – AUSTRIAN GOLFOPEN PRESENTED BY LYONESS
• His third European Tour International Schedule victory in his 263rd European Tour event.
• Moves to €389,406 in The Race to Dubai.
• Moves to just outside the top 200 of the Official World Golf Ranking from 355th.
• First European Tour victory since the 2005 Smurfit European Open; a gap of six years and 84 days.
• Since his 2005 win played in 144 European Tour events between victories. His best performance in that time was second at the 2005 Alfred Dunhill Links Championship.
• This victory beats his previous best 2011 performance of tied eighth in the Johnnie Walker Championship at Gleneagles.
• Joined Mark Davis (1991 and 1994), Peter Mitchell (1992), Chris Gane (2001) and Robert Coles (2003), as English players to win the Austrian GolfOpen presented by Lyoness.
• The 268th English victory on The European Tour.
• The 12th English victory of the 2011 season. They are: Paul Casey (Volvo Golf Champions), Luke Donald (WGC – Accenture Match Play Championship, BMW PGA Championship and Barclays Scottish Open), David Horsey (Trophée Hassan II), Lee Westwood (Ballantine’s Championship), Ian Poulter (Volvo World Match Play Championship), Robert Rock (BMW Italian Open presented by CartaSi), Simon Dyson (Irish Open presented by Discover Ireland and KLM Open), Oliver Fisher (Czech Open) and Kenneth Ferrie (Austrian GolfOpen presented by Lyoness).
• Gains a one year European Tour exemption until the end of 2012.
• Moves over €4 million in European Tour Official Career Earnings.
• Claims his fifth win as a professional.