The field for the event will be 156 players comprising:
1. Any past SA Open Champions under the age of 60.
2. 60 players as determined by the Sunshine Tour.
3. The top 60 available players from the 2003 European Tour Exemption
4. The top 50 players in the World Ranking as at 16th December 2002.
5. Maximum of 5 amateurs as nominated by the SAGA.
6. Maximum of 5 invitations by the Sunshine Tour.
7. Maximum of 5 invitations by the Open Championship Joint Operation
8. Balance of Field of 156 players from Qualifying Rounds, to take place on
Tuesday 7th January at Strand G.C. and Rondebosch G.C.
(These exemptions will apply up to the commencement of the qualifying
round, thereafter the balance of the field will be made up of eligible players
who are not otherwise exempt and who have successfully qualified through
the qualifying rounds.)
N.B. Southern African players who are members of and exempt through
both Tours will be entered through (2) above. Players from outside
Southern Africa who are members of and exempt through both Tours will
be entered through (3) above.