• Thaworn Wiratchant, the inaugural winner in 2005 became the first player to win a European Tour event, shooting 63 in three of his four rounds. He recorded scores of 63-63-66-63 giving him a 72 hole aggregate of 255 (-25). His total would have been the lowest four round mark in European Tour history, but for preferred lies in rounds three and four.
• Defending champion, Felipe Aguilar made European Tour history 12 months ago by becoming the first player from Chile to win a European Tour event – the 35th different country to enter the winners’ circle. Coincidentally, the last country before Chile, Finland, the 34th country to triumph on The European Tour, was in this event in 2007, courtesy of Mikko Illonen.
• The four previous tournaments have all produced first-time European Tour winners – Thaworn Wiratchant (2005), Simon Dyson (2006), Mikko Ilonen (2007) and Felipe Aguilar (2008).
• The Enjoy Jakarta Indonesia Open has a history of low scoring. Here are the winning totals: 2005 - Thaworn Wiratchant – 255 (-25); 2006 – Simon Dyson – 268 (-20); 2007 – Mikko Ilonen – 275(-9); 2008 – Felipe Aguilar 262 (-18).
• Felipe Aguilar’s low scoring on his way to victory saw him share some notable 2008 scoring records. His 36, 54 and 72 hole totals of 127 (-13), 194 (-16) and 262 (-18) respectively were the joint lowest of the season.