• The Avantha Masters will be the third European Tour staged in India. Delhi Golf Club hosted the first tournament; the 2008 EMAAR-MGF Indian Masters, won by S S P Chowrasia. Three weeks later this was followed by the Johnnie Walker Classic at the DLF Golf and Country Club, venue for the Avantha Masters, which saw New Zealander Mark Brown claim the prize.
• Jeev Milkha Singh made history by becoming the first Indian to become a full European Tour Member, after qualifying from the 1997 European Tour Qualifying School.
• Arjun Atwal had the honour of becoming the first Indian winner, at the 2002 Singapore Masters. Along with Jeev Milka Singh, the duo have the most European Tour titles among Indian players, with three. S S P Chowrasia is the other player to have won. To date, India have recorded seven European Tour titles.
• Chowrasia went do in European Tour history by becoming the first player to win on his first appearance as an Affilate Member.
• Jyoti Randhawa will be hoping to claim his maiden European Tour title on the course where he is attached. He came a creditable eighth over the DLF Golf and Country Club layout at the 2008 Johnnie Walker Classic.
|7||ANDERSSON HED, Fredrik||SWE||18||-11|