• The Maybank Malaysian Open became part of The European Tour International Schedule in 1999 and was the first co-sanctioned event between The European and Asian Tours. It was played at the Saujana Golf and Country Club and won by American Gerry Norquist. The 2010 edition will be the 61st tournament jointly held between the two Tours.
• Anthony Kang will be aiming to make a successful defence of his crown he claimed 12 months ago. In 2009 his success was made all the more remarkable after an opening two over par 74, the highest opening round by a winner of the 2009 European Tour season.
• Thongchai Jaidee will be trying to continue his wonderful form in the event. He was victorious in 2004 and 2005, was second in 2006 (the last time the event was staged at the Kuala Lumpur Golf & Country Club) and tied seventh in 2001.
• Since 1999, six of the 11 years have been won by players claiming their maiden European Tour International Schedule victory. They are: Gerry Norquist (1999), Yeh Wei-tze (2000), Alastair Forsyth (2002), Thongchai Jaidee (2004), Charlie Wi (2006) and Anthony Kang (2009).
• Since 1999 players from eight different nations have won the event. They are: United States (Gerry Norquist 1999) and Anthony Kang (2009). Taiwan (Yeh Wei-tze 2000), Fiji (Vijay Singh 2001), Scotland (Alastair Forsyth 2002), India (Arjun Atwal 2003, 08) Thailand (Thongchai Jaidee 2004-05), Korea (Charlie Wi 2006) and Sweden (Peter Hedblom 2007).
|2||CHOI, K J||KOR||18||-13|