DID YOU KNOW – NORDEA SCANDINAVIAN MASTERS
• Fred Couples created European Tour history in the 1991 Scandinavian Masters at Drottningholm, for the most birdies in a single round, when he recorded 12 in his second round of 61 (-11). Couples, the 1992 winner of The Masters Tournament, finished in a tie for sixth place.
• Jesper Parnevik will attempt to equal the record of Colin Montgomerie and become only the second player to win the Nordea Scandinavian Masters three times, having triumphed in 1995 and 1998. Should he record his third victory he would become the first Swedish player to win the same European Tour event three times.
• The first victory of Parnevik in 1995 saw him become only the second player to win a European Tour event without dropping a shot. He followed David J Russell who first established the feat at the 1992Open de Lyon Trophée V33.
• Ricardo Gonzalez will aim to create SAS Masters history by becoming the first player to successfully defend his title.
• Should Sweden gain another home victory in the event, it would be their fifth in the history of the tournament. This would equal their record for most victories in a single European Tour event, having recorded five wins in the Open de España and Madeira Islands Open BPI – Portugal.
• Bro Hof Slott will host the Nordea Scandinavian Masters for the first time. The course measures 7,551 yards and is the second longest European Tour event to be staged in Continental Europe. The longest was for this event 12 months ago at Barsebäck G & CC, which played 7,665 yards.
|1||JOHNSON, Richard S||SWE||18||-11|