The PGA of America has approved the following list of players eligible to compete in the 92nd PGA Championship:
Note: All contestants in the Championship (except international players) must be PGA of America members.
1. All former PGA Champions
2. Winners of the last five U.S. Opens (2006-2010)
3. Winners of the last five Masters (2006-2010)
4. Winners of the last five British Opens (2006-2010)
5. The 2010 Senior PGA Champion
6. The 15 low scorers and ties in the 2009 PGA Championship
7. The 20 low scorers in the 2010 PGA Professional National Championship
8. The 70 leaders from the PGA Championship Points list from the 2009
World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational through the 2010 Greenbrier Classic
9. Members of the 2008 United States and European Ryder Cup Teams
providing they remain within the top 100 of the World Golf Rankings as of
Aug. 2, 2010.
10. Winners of tournaments co-sponsored or approved by the PGA Tour from the
2009 PGA Championship to the 2010 PGA Championship (does not include
pro-am and team competitions).
11. Vacancies will be filled by the first available player from the list of alternates (those below 70th place in the PGA Championship Points list from the 2009 World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational through the 2010 Greenbrier Classic
12. In addition, The PGA of America reserves the right to invite additional players not included in the categories listed above. The total field will be a maximum of 156 players.