WITH THIS WIN
SUNDAY OCTOBER 17, 2010 – PORTUGAL MASTERS
• His third European Tour International Schedule victory in his 311th European Tour event.
• His first European Tour victory since the 2007 BA- CA Golf Open presented by Telekom Austria – a gap of three years and 99 days.
• Played in 67 European Tour events between victories.
• This victory beats his previous best finish since his 2007 victory of second in the 2010 Estoril Open de Portugal.
• Second left-hander to win on the 2010 European Tour, following Phil Mickelson at the Masters Tournament. First time in European Tour history that two different left-handers have won in the same season.
• His seven shot final round winning comeback is the largest in the event’s history, beating the three of Lee Westwood in 2009.
• His seven shot final round winning deficit equals the largest of the 2010 season, established by Simon Khan (BMW PGA Championship).
• At aged 39 and 240 days becomes the oldest winner of the Portugal Masters.
• Third Australian to win on the 2010 European Tour Schedule. They are: Andrew Dodt (Avantha Masters), Marcus Fraser (Ballantine’s Championship) and Richard Green (Portugal Masters).
• Moves to €949,496 in The Race to Dubai.
• The 105th Australian victory on The European Tour.
• Gains his sixth victory worldwide as a professional
• Gains a European Tour exemption until the end of 2012.
• Gains his largest European Tour prize of €500,000