DID YOU KNOW – BARCLAYS SINGAPORE OPEN
• The Barclays Singapore Open is the richest National Open in Asia, standing at US$6,000,000; an increase of US$1,000,000 from 2009.
• The 2009 champion, Ian Poulter will try to make a successful defence of his title. Should he do so, it will be the first time he has achieved the feat in his European Tour career. It would also be the second event he has won on two occasions; the Italian Open being the other in 2000 and 2002.
• The Englishman won in a wire-to-wire fashion 12 months ago at the Sentosa venue, leading on his own after every round. Rory McIlroy (Dubai Desert Classic) was the only other player who won in this manner during the 2009 season.
• Both the Serapong and Tanjong courses are being used for the 2010 event. This tournament is one of six on the 2010 European Tour International Schedule to use two or more courses. The other events are: Joburg Open, Trophée Hassan II, Czech Open 2010, Vivendi Cup and Alfred Dunhill Links Championship (which uses three).
• The 2010 event has 204 players competing. The Joburg Open is the only other European Tour event with a field of this size.
• Singapore is well used to hosting European Tour events. The 1993 and 1996 Johnnie Walker Classic were staged at Singapore Island and Tanah Merah respectively. From 2001-2007 the Singapore Masters was held; 2001 at Singapore Island and 2002-07 at Laguna National G&CC, along with the 2009 Singapore Open for the first time.
|T8||JIMÉNEZ, Miguel Angel||ESP||18||-10|