WITH THIS WIN
SUNDAY JANUARY 30, 2011 – VOLVO GOLF CHAMPIONS
• His 11th European Tour International Schedule victory in his 193rd European Tour event.
• Moves to €307,486 in the Race to Dubai.
• His latest European Tour victory moves him into joint fourth place alongside Howard Clark for the most prolific English winners on The European Tour.
• First European Tour victory since the 2009 BMW PGA Championship.
• His third European Tour victory in one of the Desert events, following the 2007 and 2009 Abu Dhabi Golf Championship.
• Follows Ernie Els (1994, 2002 and 2005 Dubai Desert Classic and 2005 Qatar Masters) and Martin Kaymer (2008, 2010 and 2011 Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship), as the only players to win three or more European Tour events to be staged in the Gulf.
• Excluding the 2006 World Match Play Championship, he has now won six of his ten other European Tour titles when leading or sharing the lead going into the final round. They are: 2003 ANZ Championship, 2003 Benson and Hedges International Open, 2006 Johnnie Walker Championship at Gleneagles, 2009 Abu Dhabi Golf Championship, 2009 BMW PGA Championship and 2011 Volvo Golf Champions.
• The first English winner of the 2011 European Tour International Schedule.
• Extends England’s record of having won at least one European Tour event in every season since the Tour’s first year in 1972.
• This victory in the Kingdom of Bahrain means his 11 wins have come in six different destinations: They are: Abu Dhabi, Australia, China, England, Kingdom of Bahrain and Scotland.
• His 12th professional worldwide in his career.
• The 258th English win in European Tour history.
|T2||JIMÉNEZ, Miguel Angel||ESP||18||-19|