DID YOU KNOW – OMEGA DUBAI DESERT CLASSIC
• The Dubai Desert Classic was first played in 1989 and the roll of honour includes six different Major Champions. They are: Seve Ballesteros (1992), Ernie Els (1994, 02, 05), Fred Couples (1995), José Maria Olazábal (1998), Mark O’Meara (2004) and Tiger Woods (2006, 08). Between them they have won 27 Major Championships.
• The top three on the Official World Golf Ranking, Lee Westwood, Martin Kaymer and Tiger Woods are all competing in the Omega Dubai Desert Classic. This is the first time the top three have all played in a regular European Tour event since the 1994 Johnnie Walker Classic, where Greg Norman (one), Sir Nick Faldo (two) and Bernhard Langer (three) all competed.
• Miguel Angel Jiménez claimed his first Omega Dubai Desert Classic 12 months ago, defeating Lee Westwood in a play-off. The 47 year old has a wonderful record over the Emirates layout. He was second in 1996 and 2005. Since 2005 he has finished in the top ten in five of the last six years and is a combined total of 70 under par for his last 24 rounds in the event.
• Tiger Woods will be playing the Omega Dubai Desert Classic for a sixth time and first since 2008. This tournament now represents the most appearances he has made in a regular European Tour event. The American has an outstanding record, having been placed in the top five in all his previous five years.
• Since 1989 the tournament has seen 18 different winners from 12 different nations.
|T7||ANDERSSON HED, Fredrik||SWE||18||-8|