DID YOU KNOW – AVANTHA MASTERS
• Andrew Dodt claimed his first European Tour title in just his ninth European Tour event at the 2010 Avantha Masters.
• Dodt began the 2010 season as an exempt European Challenge Tour Member. His victory was the first on The European Tour by a Challenge Tour Member since Hennie Otto at the 2008 Italian Open.
• Dodt was the first Australian to win in the 2010 season. His victory extended Australia’s run of consecutive winning years on The European Tour to 27, dating back to the 1984 season.
• The 2010 Avantha Masters created European Tour history when seven players led going into the final round of an event for the first time. Richard Bland, Fredrik Andersson Hed, Rahil Gangjee, Tetsuji Hiratsuka, Darren Beck, Barry Lane and Chin Yin-shin were all tied on 205 (-11). This tournament beat the previous record of six final day leaders at the 2003 Canaries Open de España and 2004 Aa St Omer Open.
• As well as staging the Avantha Masters in 2010, the DLF G&CC played host to the 2008 Johnnie Walker Classic win by New Zealand’s Mark Brown.