DID YOU KNOW – BALLANTINE’S CHAMPIONSHIP
• The visit to Korea for the first Ballantine’s Championship in 2008 marked the 38th different nation to play host to a European Tour event. Korea represented the tenth different Asian country to hold a European Tour International Schedule event.
• Marcus Fraser won by four strokes in 2010 after the tournament was cut to 54 holes. It was the first European Tour event cut to three rounds since the 2008 Austrian GolfOpen.
• Korea has seen four different winners on The European Tour. They are: K J Choi (2003 German Masters), Charlie Wi (2006 Maybank Malaysian Open), Y E Yang (2007 (HSBC Champions , 2009 US PGA Championship and 2010 Volvo China Open) and Noh Seung-yul (2010 Maybank Malaysian Open).
• The Ballantine’s Championship has a place in European Tour history. The 2008 and 2009 editions both were settled via a play-off. This marked the first time that a tournament witnessed extra holes in its first two years.
• The Blackstone Resort, the venue for 2011 was named the best new course in Korea for 2010-2011. The architects of Blackstone, JMP Design, also designed the Luxehills International Country Club in China, where the 2011 Volvo China Open was played.
|2||JIMÉNEZ, Miguel Angel||ESP||18||-11|