• The first official European Tour event took place in Spain – the Open de España at Pals Golf Club on April 12-15, 1972. The event was won by Antonio Garrido, beating Valentin Barrios in a play-off.
• Spanish golfers have recorded a total of 158 official European Tour victories since 1972. This is second only to the English who have 227.
• The 158 victories have been won by 28 different players. Seve Ballesteros heads the list with 50, followed by José Maria Olazábal with 23.
• The number of wins by Ballesteros is a European Tour record.
• The biggest number of Spanish victories in a single season is nine in 1986. Six by Ballesteros, two by Olazábal and one from Antonio Garrido.
• Spain had the first representatives in the Continental European Ryder Cup Team of 1979. They were Seve Ballesteros and Antonio Garrido.
• Spanish amateur Pablo Martin made European Tour history by becoming the first amateur to win on The European Tour at the 2007 Estoril Open de Portugal.
• Pablo Martin holds another European Tour record for being the youngest player to lead or share the lead after a completed round. Then aged 17 years and six days he jointly led going into the final round of the 2003 Open de España, before finishing in a tie for 22nd.
• The honour of the first father/son to win on The European Tour went to Spain, with Antonio and Ignacio Garrido. The other Spanish father/son combination to win is José Maria and Alejañdro Cañizares.
• The first pair of brothers to win on The European Tour were Spanish. They were Antonio and German Garrido. The next pair were also Spanish: Seve and Manuel Ballesteros.
• Alvaro Quiros made European Tour history by becoming the first player to win on his first appearance as a full European Tour Member at the 2007 Alfred Dunhill Championship, after coming through the 2006 European Tour Qualifying School.
• Santiago Luna has played 585European Tour events to stand ninth in the all-time list of most appearances. His figure of 585 is the highest by a continental European.
• Miguel Angel Jiménez holds the European Tour record for most victories by a player in his 40s, which currently stands at 11.