WITH THIS WIN
SUNDAY MAY 15, 2011 – IBERDROLA OPEN
• His 13th European Tour International Schedule victory in his 454th European Tour event.
• Moves to €261,380 in The Race to Dubai.
• Moves back into the top 90 in the Official World Golf Ranking from 124th.
• His first win since the KLM Open in 2008. In that time has played 66 European Tour events.
• His best finishes from those 66 events was second in the 2010 Barclays Scottish Open and tied second in the 2010 Africa Open.
• This victory beats his previous best 2011 performance of tied eighth in the Volvo Golf Champions.
• Came from four shots behind in the final round. This equals the biggest last round comeback of the year so fat, matching the four of Charl Schwartzel at the Masters Tournament.
• Aged 42 years and 274 days is the oldest winner on The European Tour since Miguel Angel Jiménez won the 2010 Omega European Masters.
• His second European Tour win aged 40 and over. The first was the 2008 KLM Open.
• His second European Tour victory on Spanish soil, following the Volvo Masters in 1998.
• This victory in Mallorca was the ninth different destination he has won a European Tour title in. They are: Belgium, China, England, Germany, Ireland, Mallorca, Netherlands, Spain and the USA.
• His 20th professional worldwide in his career.
• Gains a one year European Tour exemption until the end of 2012.
• The 38th Northern Irish win in European Tour history.