WITH THIS WIN
SUNDAY JULY 31, 2011 – IRISH OPEN PRESENTED BY DISCOVER IRELAND
• His fifth European Tour International Schedule victory in his 319th European Tour event.
• Moves to €892,840 in The Race to Dubai and into the top ten from 19th.
• Moves to just inside the top 50 of the Official World Golf Ranking from 67th.
• First European Tour victory since the 2009 Alfred Dunhill Links Championship.
• Has played in 50 European Tour events between victories.
• This victory beats his previous best performance since his 2009 Alfred Dunhill Links Championship win of tied second in the 2010 UBS Hong Kong Open.
• This victory beats his previous best 2011 performance of third in the BMW PGA Championship.
• Second consecutive English victory in the Irish Open presented by Discover Ireland, following Ross Fisher.
• This victory by Simon Dyson means that English golfers have won the event every time it has been held at Killarney Golf & Fishing Club. The previous three winners were Sir Nick Faldo (1991 and 1992) and Ross Fisher (2010).
• This victory beats his previous best performance in the Irish Open presented by Discover Ireland of tied seventh in 2007.
• Follows Mark James (1979 and 1980), Sir Nick Faldo (1991, 1992 and 1993), David Carter (1998), Richard Finch (2008) and Ross Fisher (2010) as English winners of the Irish Open presented by Discover Ireland.
• Ninth English victory of the 2011 season. They are: Paul Casey (Volvo Golf Champions), Luke Donald (WGC – Accenture Match Play Championship, BMW PGA Championship and Barclays Scottish Open), David Horsey (Trophée Hassan II), Lee Westwood (Ballantine’s Championship), Ian Poulter (Volvo World Match Play Championship), Robert Rock (BMW Italian Open presented by CartaSi) and Simon Dyson (Irish Open presented by Discover Ireland).
• The 265th English victory in European Tour history.
• Gains a European Tour exemption until the end of 2013.
• Gains a place in the 2011 WGC – Bridgestone Invitational and WGC – HSBC Champions.
• His eighth win as a professional worldwide.