NOTES ON THE DUBAI WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FIELD
• There are 16 different countries represented among the 58 players competing. They are: Belgium Chile, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Korea, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, Sweden and Wales.
• Here is the breakdown of players by nation: England, 11, South Africa eight, Spain and Sweden six apeice, France, Italy and Northern Ireland four, Denmark, and Scotland three, Ireland and Wales two and one each for Belgium, Chile, Germany, Korea and The Netherlands.
• Miguel Angel Jiménez is the oldest player at 47. In all there are nine members of the 58 man field aged 40 and over. They are: Jiménez (47), Darren Clarke (43), Thomas Levet (43), Paul Lawrie (42), Retief Goosen (42), Robert Karlsson (42), Ernie Els (42), Anders Hansen (41) and Thomas Björn (40).
• Matteo Manassero at 18 is the only teenager playing. Thorbjørn Olesen is the next youngest at 21.
• The field is made up of 28 winners from the 2011 European Tour season. Nine of those 28 are placed in the top ten of The Race to Dubai. Only Anders Hansen among the top ten players has yet to win on the 2011 European Tour International Schedule.
• The field contains 52 different European Tour winners, five former European Tour Number Ones and ten Major Champions.
• Of the 58 players Rory McIlroy and Charl Schwartzel have amassed the most top five finishes with eight and seven respectively. The same two players are leading the category for most top ten performances, with 12 and ten respectively.
• Three graduates from the 2010 Challenge Tour Rankings have made it to Dubai. They are: Lorenzo Gagli, Thorbjørn Olesen and Scott Jamieson.
• Two players who finished in the top 30 from the 2010 European Tour Qualifying School qualified. They are: George Coetzee and Jaco Van Zyl.
• Thorbjørn Olesen, Jaco Van Zyl and Scott Jamieson are all in their rookie seasons on The European Tour and made it into the top 60.
• During the 2011 season, five players have been Number One in The Race to Dubai. Luke Donald has been there for 34 weeks, Charl Schwartzel for ten, Pablo Martin and Alvaro Quiros two apiece and Louis Oosthuizen for one.
**The field size is now 58 with the Fredrik Jacobson and Justin Rose withdrawing.