SUNDAY MAY 6 2012 – REALE SEGUROS OPEN DE ESPAŇA
• His third European Tour International Schedule victory in his 205th European Tour event.
• Moves to €708,209 in The Race to Dubai.
• Moved back into the top 30, at 29of the Official World Golf Ranking, from 46th.
• His first victory since the 2010 WGC – HSBC Champions.
• Since his 2010 victory has played in 32 European Tour events.
• In that time his best finish was tied third in the 2011 WGC – Cadillac Championship. To highlight his consistency in his last 32 events, he has been placed in the top ten on ten occasions.
• This victory beats his previous best 2012 performance of tied sixth in the Volvo China Open.
His 65 was the lowest round of the tournament.
• Becomes the first Italian to win the Reale Seguros Open de España
• Victory comes in his fifth appearance in the Reale Open de España.
• This victory beats his previous best finish in the event of tied 11th in 2009.
• His four shot final round winning comeback is the largest on The European Tour in 2012. The previous best was three by Justin Rose (WGC – Cadillac Championship), Julien Quesne (Open de Andalucia Costa del Sol) and Bubba Watson (Masters Tournament).OTHER FACTS
• The 17th Italian victory in European Tour history.
• Moves to second in the list of most wins by an Italian in European Tour history with three, two behind Costantino Rocca, who has five.
• Extends his European Tour exemption until the end of 2014.
• Gains a place in the 2012 WGC – HSBC Champions and 2013 Volvo Golf Champions.
• His third win as a professional.