SUNDAY MAY 27, 2012 – BMW PGA CHAMPIONSHIP
• His seventh European Tour International Schedule victory in his 109th European Tour event.
• Moves to €1,021,669 in The Race to Dubai. Has now won more than €1 million in a single European Tour season for the sixth time in his career.
• Moves back to Number One in the Official World Golf Ranking. This is the start of his fourth stint at World Number One.
• Moves to Number One for the second consecutive year as a result of his performance at the BMW PGA Championship.
• Makes a successful defence of his BMW PGA Championship title, just the third player to win in back-to-back years following Sir Nick Faldo (1980-1981) and Colin Montgomerie (1998-2000).
• This marks the first time in his professional career he has successfully defended a professional title.
• The second player on The European Tour in 2012 to successfully defend a European Tour title, following Louis Oosthuizen (2011-2012 Africa Open).
• Becomes the fourth different Englishman to win multiple titles in this event. He follows: Sir Nick Faldo (1978, 1980, 1981 and 1989), Peter Alliss (1957, 1962 and 1965) and Tony Jacklin (1972 and 1982).
• Becomes the ninth different player to win multiple titles in the event. He follows: Sir Nick Faldo (1978, 1980, 1981 and 1989), Peter Alliss (1957, 1962 and 1965), Bernhard Langer (1987, 1993 and 1995), Colin Montgomerie (1998, 1999 and 2000), Tony Jacklin (1972 and 1982), Seve Ballesteros (1983 and 1991), Ian Woosnam (1988 and 1997) and Anders Hansen (2002 and 2007).
• The fourth consecutive English victory in the BMW PGA Championship. This follows Paul Casey (2009), Simon Khan (2010) and Donald (2011).
• His fourth European Tour International Schedule victory in his last 18 appearances on The European Tour, dating back to the start of 2011.
Has now won for three consecutive seasons on The European Tour.
• His third European Tour International Schedule victory on European soil from his last five appearances, dating back to the 2011 BMW PGA Championship. Also won the Barclays Scottish Open in July 2011.
• Since the start of the 2011 European Tour season he has won €6,345,069 from 18 European Tour events, at an average of €352,503 per event.
• Since the start of the 2011 European Tour season, he has amassed 12 top ten finishes from his 18 European Tour events.
• Becomes the 34th different player to successfully defend a European Tour title.
• The 29th English victory in the Championship, dating back to the first event in 1955.
• The 274th English victory in European Tour history.
• Moves to €1,459,696 in The European Ryder Cup Points Table.
• Becomes the third English winner on The European Tour in 2012. They are: Robert Rock (Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship) and Justin Rose (WGC – Cadillac Championship) and Luke Donald (BMW PGA Championship).
• His 13th victory worldwide as a professional.
• Moves over €14 million in European Tour Official Career Earnings.