DID YOU KNOW? – NORDEA MASTERS
• Fred Couples created European Tour history in the 1991 Scandinavian Masters at Drottningholm, for the most birdies in a single round, when he recorded 12 in his second round of 61 (-11). Couples, the 1992 winner of The Masters Tournament, finished in a tie for sixth place.
• On his way to winning the 2011 Nordea Masters, Alex Noren led by 11 shots after 54 holes, with his total of 196 (-20). This performance ranks equal second in The European Tour all-time list for largest 54 hole leads.
• The first victory in this event by Jesper Parnevik in 1995 saw him become only the second player to win a European Tour event without dropping a shot. He followed David J Russell who first established the feat at the 1992 Open de Lyon Trophée V33.
• Noren will aim to create Nordea Masters history by becoming the first player to successfully defend his title.
• Should a home player triumph in the event, it would be Sweden’s seventh in the history of the tournament. The Nordea Masters already holds the record for the most Swedish victories in the same European Tour event, with six.