DID YOU KNOW? – BMW INTERNATIONAL OPEN
• Pablo Larrazábal will be looking to make history in the BMW International Open, by becoming the first player to successfully defend the title. There have been 21 different winners from the previous 23 stagings of the event
• The first time The European Tour has witnessed a five-man play-off was at the 1992 BMW International Open. Former American Ryder Cup Captain, Paul Azinger, prevailed against Glen Day, Anders Forsbrand, Mark James and Bernhard Langer.
• Bernhard Langer will be bidding to claim the only German-staged European Tour he has not won. The two-time Masters Tournament Champion has finished second on five occasions in 1992, 1995, 2000, 2002 and 2007. In his career, he has won 11 European Tour events on German soil.
• Gut Larchenof Golf Club, will be hosting the event for the first time. The Cologne venue witnessed the German Masters for 11 years, between 1998-2009. (The tournament was not played in 2006).
• There are six players in the field who won the German Masters at Gut Larchenhof. They are: Colin Montgomerie (1998), Sergio Garcia (1999), Michael Campbell (2000), Bernhard Langer (2001), Retief Goosen (2005) and James Kingston (2009).