SUNDAY JULY 1, 2012 - IRISH OPEN
• His first European Tour International Schedule victory in his 255th European Tour event.
• Moves to €537,722 in The Race to Dubai.
• Could move to just inside the top 60 of the Official World Golf Ranking from 116th.
• This victory beats his previous best European Tour performances of second in the 2009 SAS Masters and tied second in the 2003 Algarve Open de Portugal. Has amassed an overall total of 32 European Tour top ten finishes.
• This victory beats his previous best 2012 performance of tied third in the Trophée Hassan II.
• Becomes the tenth first-time winner of the 2012 European Tour International Schedule. He would follow: Branden Grace (Joburg Open), Jbe' Kruger (Avantha Masters), Julien Quesne (Open de Andalucía Costa del Sol), Thorbjørn Olesen (Sicilian Open), Bubba Watson (Masters Tournament), Bernd Wiesberger (Ballantine's Championship), Ricardo Santos (Madeira Islands Open - Portugal), Webb Simpson (US Open Championship) and Danny Willett (BMW International Open).
• The third consecutive first-time winner, following Webb Simpson (US Open Championship) and Danny Willett (BMW International Open).
• The first time there have been three consecutive first-time winners since Rhys Davies (2010 Trophée Hassan II), Louis Oosthuizen (2010 Open de Andalucia de Golf) and James Morrisson (2010 Madeira Islands Open).
• His victory comes in his ninth appearance in the Irish Open.
• His victory beats his previous best finish in the Irish Open of tied 13th in 2009.
• Becomes the third Welshman to win the Irish Open, following Ian Woosnam (1988 and 1989) and Stephen Dodd (2005).
• Joins Ben Crenshaw (1976), Hubert Green (1977), Ken Brown (1978), David Carter (1998), Sergio Garcia (1999), Søren Hansen (2002) and Shane Lowry (2009), to make the Irish Open their first European Tour victory.
• Only the second time he has led going into the final round of a European Tour event. The first was the 2011 Omega European Masters, where he tied for third.
• The 15th time in the 2012 season that the 54 hole leader has gone onto win.
• Becomes the first Welshman to win on the 2012 European Tour International Schedule.
• The first Welsh victory on The European Tour since Rhys Davies at the 2010 Trophée Hassan II.
• The 45th Welsh victory on The European Tour.
• The tenth Welsh player to win on The European Tour.
• Gains a European Tour exemption until the end of 2014.
• Gains his largest European Tour prize of €333,330.
• Moves over €4 million in European Tour Official Career Earnings.
• Gains a place in the 2012 WGC - Bridgestone Invitational, 2012 WGC - HSBC Champions and 2013 Volvo Golf Champions.
• Gains his fifth win of his professional career.
• The 15th European Tour victory by a former Challenge Tour player on the 2012 European Tour from 26 events so far. He would: Louis Oosthuizen (Africa Open and Maybank Malaysian Open), Branden Grace (Joburg Open, Volvo Golf Champions and Volvo China Open), Robert Rock (Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship), Rafael Cabrera-Bello (Omega Dubai Desert Classic), Justin Rose (WGC - Cadillac Championship), Julien Quesne (Open de Andalucía Costa del Sol), Michael Hoey (Trophée Hassan II), Thørbjorn Olesen (Sicilian Open), Bernd Wiesberger (Ballantine's Championship), Ricardo Santos (Madeira Islands Open - Portugal) and Nicolas Colsaerts (Volvo World Match Play Championship).
• The 299th European Tour victory by a former Challenge Tour player.
• The 127th different former Challenge Tour player to win on The European Tour.