Some essential facts and figures about the third round of the US PGA Championship at Kiawah Island as Rory McIlroy put together a three shot lead with 18 holes to play…
RESUMPTION AND CONCLUSION: Play in the third round of the 94th PGA Championship resumed today at 7:43 a.m. The round concluded at 10:13 a.m.
THEN AND NOW: When play resumed, the leader board looked like this ...
Rory McIlroy -6 through nine holes
Vijay Singh -6 through seven
Adam Scott -5 through nine
Carl Pettersson -4 through eighth
Bo Van Pelt -3 (round had been completed)
Trevor Immelman -3 through ten
Steve Stricker -2 (round had been completed)
Peter Hanson -2 through 12
Tiger Woods -1 through seven
At the conclusion of the round, it looks like this ...
Rory McIlroy -7
Carl Pettersson -4
Bo Van Pelt -3
Trevor Immelman -3
Adam Scott -3
Steve Stricker -2
Peter Hanson -2
Vijay Singh -2
Tiger Woods -2
A FIRST FOR RORY: This is the first time that Rory McIlroy of Northern Ireland has led after any round of a PGA Championship. In his three previous PGA Championship appearances before this week, McIlroy tied for third twice, in 2009 and 2010.
FINAL ROUND REMINDER: The final round will be played in groups of three, from both the first tee and the tenth tee. Starting times begin at 11:44 a.m. and the last groups tee off at 1:45 p.m. Rory McIlroy, Carl Pettersson and Bo Van Pelt start their final round at 1:45 p.m. on the first tee.
DID YOU KNOW ...
* Rory McIlroy has now shot 67 in three of his 15 PGA Championship rounds
* McIlroy has led going into the final round of three of the last eight major championships (2011 Masters, 2011 US Open and today). He won the 2011 US Open
* Fifteen (15) players are under par with one round left
* Five PGA Champions are among the top 24 on the leader board -- Four-time PGA Champion Tiger Woods and two-time PGA Champion Vijay Singh are T6; 2008 PGA Champion Padraig Harrington is T10; Defending PGA Champion Keegan Bradley is T16; and 2005 PGA Champion Phil Mickelson is T20
* There were 25 rounds below par in the third round
BEST SCORES OF THE ROUND: Rory McIlroy, Bo Van Pelt, Steve Stricker and Jimmy Walker all shot five under par 67s to tie for the low score in the third round.