SUNDAY NOVEMBER 18, 2012 - SA OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
• Hiis seventh European Tour International Schedule victory in his 259th European Tour event.
• Moves to 45th in The Race to Dubai. This secures his place in the top 60 for the DP World Tour Championship, Dubai, after starting the week in 59th place.
• His first European Tour victory since the 2007 WGC - Accenture Match Play Championship. This is a gap of five years and 266 days. (Is five years and 287 days since his last European Tour stroke play victory, back to the 2007 Dubai Desert Classic).
• The gap of five years and 266 represents the largest gap between victories in his European Tour career.
• Played 94 European Tour events between European Tour victories.
• This victory beats his previous best 2012 European Tour performance of tied fifth in the KLM Open.
• This performance is his sixth top eight finish in his last ten European Tour appearances.
• Becomes just the second Swedish victory in the SA Open Championship, following Mathias Grönberg in 2000.
• Becomes just the fourth European to win the SA Open Championship since the event began in 1893. He follows: Tommy Horton (1970), Mathias Grönberg (2000) and Richie Ramsay (2010).
• Victory comes in his second appearance in the SA Open Championship.
• Victory beats his previous best performance in the event of tied 34th in 2009.
• The fourth of his six European Tour stroke play victories he has won when leading or sharing the lead going into the final round.
• Playing on a sponsor's invitation. Is te first player to win on a sponsor's invite since Tom Lewis at the 2011 Portugal Masters.
• The 94th Swedish win in European Tour history.
• The third Swedish victory of the 2012 season, following Peter Hanson (KLM Open and BMW Masters).
• Moves into second place in the list of most prolific Swedish winners on The European Tour with seven, four behind Robert Karlsson.
• Gains his 12th professional worldwide victory in his career.
• Gains a place in the 2013 Volvo Golf Champions.
• Gains a European Tour exemption until the end of the 2013 season.
• Becomes the 23rd European Tour victory by a former Challenge Tour player on the 2012 European Tour from 44 events so far. They are: Louis Oosthuizen (Africa Open and Maybank Malaysian Open), Branden Grace (Joburg Open, Volvo Golf Champions, Volvo China Open and Alfred Dunhill Links Championship), Robert Rock (Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship), Rafael Cabrera-Bello (Omega Dubai Desert Classic), Justin Rose (WGC - Cadillac Championship), Julien Quesne (Open de Andalucía Costa del Sol), Michael Hoey (Trophée Hassan II), Thørbjorn Olesen (Sicilian Open), Bernd Wiesberger (Ballantine's Championship and Lyoness Open powered by Greenfinity), Ricardo Santos (Madeira Islands Open - Portugal), Nicolas Colsaerts (Volvo World Match Play Championship), Jamie Donaldson (Irish Open), Marcel Siem (Alstom Open de France), Richie Ramsay (Omega European Masters), Peter Hanson (KLM Open and BMW Masters) and Ian Poulter (WGC - HSBC Champions).
• Becomes the 307th European Tour victory by a former Challenge Tour player.