DID YOU KNOW – AFRICA OPEN
• The 36 hole cut in the Africa Open in 2010 and 2012 fell at 141 (-5). Both of these years this tournament was the lowest cut in relation to par. It was only one outside the European Tour record which was established at the 2003 Canarias Open de España and again at the 2005 TCL Classic.
• Following on from the Joburg Open, should a South African player win the Africa Open it would represent the second consecutive European Tour event the country has won in four successive years. Charl Schwartzel won the Africa Open in 2010, with Louis Oosthuizen claiming the title for the next two years.
• South African Darren Fichardt is the only player this season to have played in all seven events to date. He currently has a best finish of tied 20th in the Alfred Dunhill Championship.
• Although yet to win on The European Tour, Jaco Van Zyl has a fine record in the Africa Open. He was fourth in 2012 and tied fourth in 2011. Jbe Kruger is another South African to record two top ten finishes, he was third in 2010 and tied eighth a year later.
• The Africa Open has proved fruitful for Qualifying School graduates. In 2011 Manuel Quiros finished tied second, losing out in a play-off to Louis Oosthuizen. In 2012 Tjaart Van der Walt also finished runner-up again to Oosthuizen.
|T2||VAN ZYL, Jaco||RSA||18||-14|