· The Tshwane Open is the first of three new events on The European Tour International Schedule for 2013.The other two are the Russia Masters and the Turkish Open.
· The Tshwane Open is the sixth European Tour event to be jointly-sanctioned by the Sunshine Tour for the 2013 schedule.This is a new record between the two Tours for a single season.
· Both South Africa and the United States are the countries holding most events this season, both with six.
· The Els Club at the Copperleaf Golf & Country Estate is the first European Tour venue where the course has been designed by Ernie Els. At 7,791 yards is the longest South African course to be used for a European Tour event. This beats the 7,761 yards at the Serengeti Golf and Wildlife Estate, which was used for the last two editions of the SA Open Championship.
· The Tshwane Open will be the tenth different European Tour event to be staged on South African soil, since the first one back in 1995.
· Ernie Els designed the course on the area where his grandfather, Ernie Vermaak grew up.
· The 685 yard par five fourth hole will go into the record books as the longest hole played on The European Tour.
· The Copperleaf venue will be the first European Tour course to have three par fives all measuring over 600 yards in length.
· Should Darren Fichardt, who triumphed at the Africa Open, win the Tshwane Open he would become the first player to win two events in two consecutive appearances since Branden Grace at the 2012 Joburg Open and 2012 Volvo Champions.