DID YOU KNOW – WGC – CADILLAC CHAMPIONSHIP
• Should Justin Rose make a successful defence of his crown he won in 2012, he would be only the second player following Tiger Woods to win the same WGC event in back-to-back years.
• Following on from his victory in the 2013 WGC – Accenture Match Play Championship, Matt Kuchar will attempt to join Tiger Woods as the only players to win consecutive WGC events.
• There will be nine European Tour Members playing in the WGC – Cadillac Championship for the first time. They are: George Coetzee, Jamie Donaldson, Stephen Gallacher, Scott Jamieson, David Lynn, Matteo Manassero, Thorbjørn Olesen, Marcel Siem and Chris Wood. Of those nine, Jamieson will be the only one making his debut in a WGC event.
• There are 65 players in the field with 16 different nations represented. The USA have the most with 25, then come South Africa with seven.
• The youngest player in the field is Italy’s Matteo Manassero, aged 19, while the oldest is Thaworn Wiratchant, at 46 years of age.
• In 2007 Tiger Woods created European Tour history by becoming the first player to win the same European Tour International Schedule event on six occasions. The winning years were: 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 and 2007. He matched this feat later on in the 2007 season by winning the WGC – Bridgestone Invitational for a record-equalling sixth time also.
• His 2007 WGC – Cadillac Championship victory saw Tiger Woods create a further record by becoming the first player to win two different European Tour events for three consecutive years. The first tournament he won three years in succession was the WGC – Bridgestone Invitational between 1999-01.