• In the three years of the tournament, two of the champions have made the Avantha Masters their first European Tour victory; Andrew Dodt (2010) and Jbe Kruger (2012).
• Should Kruger win again he would become only the third player in European Tour history to successfully defend their maiden title for their first two wins. He would follow: Trevor Immelman (2003-2004 SA Open Championship) and Thongchai Jaidee (2004-2005 Malaysian Open).
• Should Kruger win again he would be the first player to win the same event for their first two victories since Mikael Lundberg (2005 and 2008 Russian Open Championship).
• By pure coincidence the last two winners, SSP Chowrasia (2011) and Jbe Kruger (2012), both stand five feet five inches and are the smallest two players on The European Tour..
• The Jaypee Greens GC is being used for the first time for a European Tour event. The Greg Norman- designed course staged the 2008 SAIL Open on the Asian Tour and is the only course designed by the Australian in India.
• Shiv Kapur won the first European Challenge Tour event of this season at the Gujurat Kensville Challenge. Should he win the Avantha Masters he would become the seventh different player to win on The European and Challenge Tour in the same season.