• Since 1955 the Championship has seen 44 different winners, from 12 different countries.
• Should Luke Donald win for a third consecutive season he would be only the second player to achieve this feat, following Colin Montgomerie (1998-2000).
• Should Luke Donald win again in 2013, he would join Ian Woosnam (1990-92 Monte Carlo Open), Sir Nick Faldo (1991-93 Irish Open), Colin Montgomerie (1998-2000 PGA Championship), Tiger Woods (1999-01 WGC – Bridgestone Invitational, 2005-07 WGC – CA Championship and 2005-07 WGC – Bridgestone Invitational) and Ernie Els (2002-04 Heineken Classic), as players to win the same official European Tour event for three consecutive seasons.
• The 2010 champion, Simon Khan became the first European Tour Qualifying School graduate to win the BMW PGA Championship the year after graduation, when he made up a seven shot deficit in the final round.
• The quality of the 150-strong field is highlighted with eight Major Champions, seven European Tour Number Ones, ten BMW PGA Championship winners, 27 Ryder Cup players, five former World Number Ones and 102 European Tour tournament winners featuring.
• The 2008 champion, Miguel Angel Jiménez will be playing in his 600th official European Tour event at the 2013 BMW PGA Championship. He becomes the sixth player in European Tour history to achieve the feat, but first from Continental Europe.
|T4||JIMÉNEZ, Miguel Angel||ESP||18||-9|