• Fred Couples created European Tour history in this event in 1991 at Drottningholm, for the most birdies in a single round, when he recorded 12 in his second round of 61 (-11). Couples, the 1992 winner of The Masters Tournament, finished in a tie for sixth place.
• On his way to winning the 2011 Nordea Masters, Alex Noren led by 11 shots after 54 holes, with his total of 196 (-20). This performance ranks equal second in the European Tour’s list of largest 54 holes leads.
• The first victory of Jesper Parnevik in 1995 saw him become only the second player to win a European Tour event without dropping a shot. He followed David J Russell who first established the feat at the 1992 Open de Lyon Trophée V33.
• Should a home player triumph in the event, it would be their seventh in the history of the tournament. The Nordea Masters already holds the record for most Swedish victories in the same European Tour event with six. They are: Jesper Parnevik (1995 and 1998), Joakim Haeggman (1997), Peter Hanson (2008), Richard S Johnson (2010) and Alex Noren (2011).
• Bro Hof Slott GC is staging the tournament for the fourth consecutive year. The average winning score for the first three winners is 273 (-15).