DID YOU KNOW – ABERDEEN ASSET MANAGEMENT SCOTTISH OPEN
• Defending champion Jeev Milkha Singh will attempt to create history by becoming the first player to successfully defend the Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open.
• Castle Stuart was designed by Mark Parsinen and Gil Hanse and opened in 2009. It was voted the best new international course 2009 and is the most northerly British venue to stage a European Tour event.
• The 2013 Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open will be the 31 staging of the event, first played in 1972 and won by Neil Coles, beating Brian Huggett in a play-off.
• The Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open has produced 27 different winners from 14 different countries. Of those 27, six have been Major Champions.
• The only Scottish winner of the Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open is Colin Montgomerie back in 1999.
• Phil Mickelson will be making his 11th appearance in the Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open. He first made the trip to play in the tournament in 1992. His best finish is second in 2007 after losing out in a play-off to Grégory Havret. His 64 in the second round at Castle Stuart in 2012 matched his career low round in a European Tour. He first achieved a 64 in the 2002 WGC – Cadillac Championship.
• The winner of the 2013 Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open will gain a place in The 142nd Open Championship the following week, should the winner be not otherwise exempt.