DID YOU KNOW – SEVE TROPHY BY GOLF+
• The 2013 Seve Trophy by Golf+ will be the eighth staging of the event. Great Britain & Ireland have won the last six encounters, while Continental Europe has won just once. This was the inaugural tournament in 2000.
• GB&I have four players making their debut. They are: Tommy Fleetwood, Stephen Gallacher, Simon Khan and David Lynn. Continental Europe have Grégory Bourdy, Joost Luiten and Thorbjørn all playing for the first time.
• Miguel Angel Jiménez will be playing in his eighth consecutive Seve Trophy by Golf+. He holds the distinction of being the only player to compete in every contest.
• Matteo Manassero became the youngest player to compete in the tournament, when aged 18 years and 152 days in 2011. He beat the previous record of Sergio Garcia, who was 20 years and 96 days in 2000.
• Four Scots are playing for the GB&I Team. They are: Stephen Gallacher, Scott Jamieson, Paul Lawrie and Marc Warren. This year represents the first time this has happened.
• Saint-Nom-La Bretèche will host the event for the third consecutive time. The Paris venue staged the Trophée Lancôme between 1970-2003.
• Paul Lawrie will be the oldest player to represent GB&I, aged 44 years and 275 days. He will also make Seve Trophy history by now recording the biggest gap between appearances, having last played in 2003.
• Aged 22, Tommy Fleetwood will become the second youngest GB&I player, after Rory McIlroy, who was 20 when he played in 2009.
• Simon Khan will be making his debut in the Seve Trophy by Golf+, aged 41. He will become the sixth player in Seve Trophy history to play in the event for the first time after passing 40. He joins Seve Ballesteros (43 in 2000), Bernhard Langer (42 in 2000), Ian Woosnam (42 in 2000), Andrew Oldcorn (42 in 2002) and Jean-François Remesy (41 in 2005).
|-||JIMÉNEZ, Miguel Angel||ESP||-|