SUNDAY OCTOBER 20, 2013 – ISPS HANDA PERTH INTERNATIONAL
• His first European Tour International Schedule victory in his 17th European Tour event.
Moves to 103rd in The Race to Dubai with €252,638 from 253rd.
• Would move into the top 340 of the Official World Golf Ranking from 1,066th.
• This victory beats his previous best European Tour finish of tied 14th in The 2010 Open Championship, when he played as an amateur, after winning the 2010 British Amateur Championship.
• This victory beats his previous best 2013 European Tour performance of tied 50th in the KLM Open.
• Would become the tenth first-time winner of the 2013 season. They are: Scott Jamieson (Nelson Mandela Championship presented ISPS Handa), Chris Wood (Commercial Bank Qatar Masters), Matt Kuchar (World Golf Championships – Accenture Match Play Championship), Dawie Van Der Walt (Tshwane Open), Kiradech Aphibarnrat (Maybank Malaysian Open), Peter Uihlein (Madeira Islands Open – Portugal – BPI), Simon Thornton (Najeti Hotels et Golfs Open presented by Neuflize OBC), Jason Dufner (US PGA Championship), Tommy Fleetwood (Johnnie Walker Championship at Gleneagles) and Jin Jeong (ISPS HANDA Perth International).
• Becomes the first, Korean player to win on The European Tour since Y E Yang at the 2010 Volvo China Open.
• Had Challenge Tour Membership in 2013. Is the first Challenge Tour Member to win on The European Tour since Simon Thornton at the 2013 Najeti Hotels et Golfs Open presented by Neuflize OBC.
• Victory comes in his second appearance in the ISPS HANDA Perth International.
• Beats his previous best performance in the ISPS HANDA Perth International of tied 45th in 2012.
• Becomes the second consecutive winner, following Bo Van Pelt in 2012 to make the ISPS HANDA Perth International their first European Tour victory.
• The seventh Korean victory on The European Tour.
• The fifth different Korean to win in European Tour history. He follows: Y E Yang, K J Choi, Noh Seung-yul and Charlie Wi.
• Gains a European Tour exemption until the end of the 2015 season.
• Gains his largest European Tour prize of €245,438.
• Gains a place in the 2013 WGC – HSBC Golf Champions and 2014 Volvo Golf Champions.