DID YOU KNOW - TURKISH AIRLINES OPEN PRESENTED BY THE MINISTRY OF CULTURE AND TOURISM
• The Turkish Airlines Open presented by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism is the third of the four events of the Final Series.
• The Turkish Airlines Open presented by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism marks the first time Turkey has staged a European Tour event.
• Along with Bulgaria (venue for the 2013 Volvo World Match Play Championship), Turkey is the second new country to play host to The European Tour this season.
• Turkey now becomes the 41st different nation to stage a European Tour event.
• The Montgomerie Maxx Royal Course was designed by Colin Montgomerie in association with European Golf Design and opened in 2008. This is the same partnership who re-designed the The Twenty Ten Course at The Celtic Manor Resort, venue for the 2010 Ryder Cup.
• The Montgomerie Maxx Royal Course is the third European Tour event to be staged on a course with Colin Montgomerie’s involvement this season. The other two were Carton House (Irish Open) and The Twenty Ten Course (ISPS Handa Wales Open). The eight-time European Tour Number One is playing on a sponsors’ invitation this week and will be competing in his 594th European Tour event.
• World Number One, Tiger Woods will be aiming to win his 41st European Tour event and move within one of Bernhard Langer. Seve Ballesteros (50), Bernhard Langer (42) and Tiger Woods (40) are the three players with the most official European Tour victories.
• To highlight the strength of the field, there are seven Major Champions and five former European Tour Number Ones competing. Overall there are 63 European Tour winners in the field.