DID YOU KNOW - NEDBANK GOLF CHALLENGE
• The Nedbank Golf Challenge is part of The European Tour International Schedule for the first time. The event is one of four new events for the 2014 season. They are: the Nedbank Golf Challenge, EURASIA Cup presented by DRB-HICOM, Made in Denmark and D+D Real Czech Masters.
• The Nedbank Golf Challenge is the 11th different European Tour event to be staged in South Africa. The Nedbank Golf Challenge was first played in 1981and won by American Johnny Miller. This will be the 33rd playing of the tournament.
• Martin Kaymer will looking to make a successful defence of the crown he won 12 months ago. Should he achieve the feat he would join Seve Ballesteros (1983-84), David Frost (1989-90), Nick Price (1997-98), Ernie Els (1998-99), Jim Furyk (2005-06) and Lee Westwood (2010-11), as players to win in back-to-back years.
• Three players have won the event on three occasions. They are: David Frost, Nick Price and Ernie Els. The South African holds the tournament scoring record with 263 (-25) back in 1999.
• There are four former winners competing. They are: Ernie Els (1999-2000 and 2002), Sergio Garcia (2001 and 2003), Henrik Stenson (2008) and Martin Kaymer (2012).
• There have been 13 different Major Champions who have their names etched on the roll of honour.
• The Gary Player Country Club will be the second longest course in European Tour history, at 7,831 yards. This is 18 yards shorter than the longest course, which is the Ritz-Carlton Golf Club, venue for the WGC – Accenture Match Play Championship, between 2009-2011.
• The Sun City venue will be playing host to it’s second European Tour event, having staged the 1996 and 1997 Dimension Data Pro-Am.
|5||DE JONGE, Brendon||ZIM||18||-15|