DID YOU KNOW - NELSON MANDELA CHAMPIONSHIP PRESENTED BY ISPS HANDA
• The Nelson Mandela Championship presented by ISPS Handa was curtailed to 36 holes last season. This was the first official event to be cut to 36 holes since the 2002 Open de Portugal. The South African event became the eighth official event in European Tour history to be trimmed to 36 holes.
• No play was possible on the opening two days of the 2013 Championship, making this event the first in European Tour history where no play was possible on the first two days.
• The last three 36 hole European Tour events, the winner has been decided via a play-off. The 2001 Wales Open, Paul McGinley beat Paul Lawrie and Daren Lee. In the 2002 Open de Portugal, Carl Pettersson defeated David Gilford and the 2013 Nelson Mandela Championship presented by ISPS Handa was won by Scott Jamieson, edging out Eduardo de la Riva and Steve Webster.
• Course One at Mount Edgecombe Country Club is being used for the first time for European Tour competition. The Durban venue will be the 19 different South African course to stage a European Tour event.
• Defending champion, Scott Jamieson will be looking to claim his second European Tour title. Should he win again he would be the first player to win their first two European Tour events in the same event in consecutive seasons since Thongchai Jaidee at the 2004-2005 Malaysian Open.
• Should Jamieson win for a second consecutive year, he would join fellow Scots, Bernard Gallacher (1974-75 Dunlop Masters), Sam Torrance (1982—83 Portuguese Open) and Colin Montgomerie (1994-95 German Open, 1996-97 Irish Open and 1998-2000 PGA Championship), as Scots to win the same European Tour event in back-to-back years.
|1||VAN DER WALT, Dawie||RSA||18||-15|