DID YOU KNOW – NH COLLECTION OPEN
• The NH Collection Open is one of four new stroke play events on the 2014 European Tour International Schedule. They are: the Nedbank Golf Challenge, NH Collection Open, Made in Denmark and D+D REAL Czech Masters.
• American Cabell Robinson designed the La Reserva de Sotogrande Club de Golf course. The last European Tour event to be staged at one of his creations was the Volvo World Match Play Championship, played at the Finca Cortesin Golf Club, in 2009, 2011 and 2012.
• The NH Collection Open is a Dual/Ranking event with The European and Challenge Tour. This marks the sixth different event that has received dual status. The other five are: Madeira Islands Open – BPI Portugal, Russian Open, Najeti Hotels Golfs Open presented by Neuflize OBC, North West of Ireland Open and Mallorca Classic.
• The NH Collection Open will become the 25th different European Tour event to be staged on Spanish soil.
• Alejandro Cañizares, winner of the last European Tour stroke play event, at the Trophée Hassan II, is bidding to win back-to-back stroke play titles. The last Spanish player to achieve this was Sergio Gacia (2011 Castelló Masters and 2011 Andalucia Masters). In all four Spanish golfers have won consecutive European Tour titles. They Seve Ballesteros, Manuel Piñero, José Maria Olazábal and Garcia.
• European Senior Tour Member, Santiago Luna will be the oldest player competing, aged 51. He will be edging closer to his 600th European Tour event. The NH Collection Open will be number 597, taking him into joint seventh in the all-time list of most events played.
|T2||GARCIA PINTO, Jordi||ESP||18||-8|