DID YOU KNOW - FACTS ABOUT THE 2014 US OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
· The 2014 US Open Championship will be the third to be held at Pinehurst Number 2. The previous years were 1999 and 2005 where Payne Stewart and Michael Campbell.
· When he won the title in 2005, Michael Campbell came through the European Qualifying event. He also became the first former European Challenge Tour player to win a Major Championship.
· At 7,562 yards, Pinehurst Number 2 is the third longest US Open Championship course in history. The longest two are 2008 US Open Championship (7,643 yards) and 2011 US Open Championship (7,574 yards).
· There will 43 European Tour Members competing in the 2014 US Open Championship. Eleven of the 43 will be making their debut. They are: Lucas Bjerregaard, Victor Dubuisson, Oliver Fisher, Shiv Kapur, Max Kieffer, Pablo Larrazábal, Tom Lewis, Joost Luiten, Garth Mulroy, Andrea Pavan and Bernd Wiesberger.
· European Tour Members will be bidding to win the US Open Championship for the fourth time in the past five years, following Graeme McDowell (2010), Rory McIlroy (2011) and Justin Rose (2013).