DID YOU KNOW - M2M RUSSIAN OPEN
• When Alejandro Cañizares won the event in 2006, it meant only the third father/son combination to win in European Tour history. The three are: Antonio/Ignacio Garrido; Craig/Kevin Stadler and Jose/Alejandro Cañizares.
• Per-UlrikJohansson won the tournament in 2007, playing on a sponsor’s invitation. He re-joined The European Tour in 2007 in the Past Champions Category. He is the last player from this category to win on The European Tour.
• GaryEmerson, winner in 2004, had the honour of becoming the 300th different player to have won on The European Tour since 1972.
• Mikael Lundberg won the event in 2005 and 2008 for his first two European Tour victories. He is the last player to achieve this feat on The European Tour. In all ten players have won the same event for their first two European Tour titles.
• The M2M Russian Open returned to The European Tour in 2013. After a break of five years the tournament was won by Michael Hoey. The first 13 editions of the event were staged at the Moscow Country Club. In 2013 the tournament moved to the Tseleevo Golf & Polo Club. The venue staged the M2M Russian Challenge Cup on the European Challenge Tour between 2010-2012. Two of the winners from that event are playing, Carlos Del Moral (2010) and Alex Kaleka (2012).