SUNDAY 7, 2014 - OMEGA EUROPEAN MASTERS
• Registers his first European Tour International Schedule victory in his 18th European Tour event.
• Moves to €428,498 in The Race to Dubai.
• Moves to just inside the top 150 in the Official World Golf Ranking from 369th.
• Beats his previous best European Tour finish of tied second at the 2014 Championship at Laguna National.
• Becomes the ninth first-time winner of the 2014 season. They are: Morten Ørum Madsen (South African Open Championship hosted by the City of Ekurhuleni), George Coetzee (Joburg Open), Jason Day (WGC – Accenture Match Play Championship), Patrick Reed (WGC – Cadillac Championship), Marco Crespi (NH Collection Open), Alexander Levy (Volvo China Open), Daniel Brooks (Madeira Islands Open – Portugal – BPI), Fabrizio Zanotti (BMW International Open) and David Lipsky (Omega European Masters).
• Becomes the first Affiliate Member to win on The European Tour since Tom Lewis at the 2011 Portugal Masters.
• Becomes the first Asian Tour member to win the Omega European Masters since this event became part of their Tour in 2008
• Victory comes in his third appearance in the Omega European Masters.
• This victory beats his previous best finish in the event of tied 59th in 2012.
• Began the final day there shots behind. Is the 21st winner this season to win after making up a final round deficit.
• Joins Hugh Baiocchi (1973), Nick Price (1980), Ian Woosnam (1982), Jerry Anderson (1984), Craig Stadler (1985), José Maria Olazábal (1986), Anders Forsbrand (1987), Chris Moody (1988), Jeff Hawkes (1991), Jamie Spence (1992), Mathias Grönberg (1995), Ricardo Gonzalez (2001), Jeff-Lucquin (2008) and Alex Noren (2009), to make the Omega European Masters their first European Tour win.
• Becomes the first American to win the Omega European Masters since Craig Stadler (1985) and only second since the event became part of The European Tour in 1972.
• Becomes the 196th American victory in European Tour history.
• Becomes the 84th different American to win on The European Tour.
• Becomes the third American to win on The European Tour in 2014. They are: Patrick Reed (WGC – Cadillac Championship), Bubba Watson (Masters Tournament) and David Lipsky (Omega European Masters)
• Gains a European Tour exemption until the end of 2016.
• Gains his largest European Tour prize of €383,330.
• Gains a place in the 2015 Volvo Golf Champions.