DID YOU KNOW – BMW INTERNATIONAL OPEN
• There have been 24 different winners from the previous 26 stagings of the event.
• The BMW International Open began in 1989. This tournament has the longest consecutive sponsor of any current European Tour event, now in its 27th year.
• Fabrizio Zanotti made European Tour history at the 2014 BMW International Open. The 32 year old became the first player from Paraguay to win a European Tour event. In the process, Paraguay became the 36th different nation to win on The European Tour.
• The first five-man play-off in European Tour history took place at the 1992 BMW International Open. Former American Ryder Cup Captain, Paul Azinger, prevailed against Glen Day, Anders Forsbrand, Mark James and Bernhard Langer.
• There are ten BMW International Open champions playing in 2015. They are: Robert Karlsson (1997), Thomas Bjørn (2000 and 2002), David Howell (2005), Henrik Stenson (2006), Niclas Fasth (2007), Martin Kaymer (2008), Nick Dougherty (2009), David Horsey (2010), Pablo Larrazábal (2011) and Fabrizio Zanotti (2014). No player has successfully defended the title.
• Golfclub München Eichenried is hosting the event for the 22nd time, having first staged the event in 1989.
• The Munich venue is used to low scoring in the BMW International Open. The average winning score is 268.
|T4||DEL MORAL, Carlos||ESP||18||-14|