SUNDAY APRIL 17, 2016 - REAL CLUB VALDERRAMA OPEN DE ESPAÑA, HOSTED BY THE SERGIO GARCIA FOUNDATION
• His first European Tour International Schedule victory in his 63rd European Tour event.
• Moves to 480,647 points in the Race to Dubai.
• Could move to inside the top 130 of the Official World Golf Ranking, from 233rd.
• This victory beats his previous best European Tour performance of third in the 2015 Alfred Dunhill Championship.
• This victory beats his previous best 2016 European Tour finish of tied fourth in the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters.
• The fifth first-time winner of the season. They are: They are Nathan Holman (Australian PGA Championship), Marc Leishman (Nedbank Golf Challenge), Brandon Stone (BMW SA Open hosted by City of Ekurhuleni), Haydn Porteous (Joburg Open) and Andrew Johnston (Real Club Valderrama Open de España hosted by the Sergio Garcia Foundation).
• Victory comes in his second appearance in the Real Club Valderrama Open de España hosted by the Sergio Garcia Foundation.
• This victory beats his previous best finish in the event of tied 113th in 2015.
• The second consecutive Englishman to win Spain’s national open, following James Morrison in 2015.
• Follows Neil Coles (1973), Howard Clark (1986), Sir Nick Faldo (1987), Mark James (1988 and 1997), Andrew Sherborne (1992), Brain Davis (2000), Kenneth Ferrie (2003) and James Morrison (2015), as English players to win the Real Club Valderrama Open de España hosted by the Sergio Garcia Foundation.
• Follows Antonio Garrido (1972), Jerry Heard (1974), Arnold Palmer (1975), Joakim Haeggman (1993), Padraig Harrington (1996), Brian Davis (2000), Kenneth Ferrie (2003), Christian Cévaër (2004), Peter Hanson (2005), Peter Lawrie (2008) and Thomas Aiken (2011), as players to make the Real Club Valderrama Open de España hosted by the Sergio Garcia Foundation, their first European Tour victory.
• Victory comes in his first European Tour event at Real Club Valderrama.
• The 41st different winner of Spain’s national open since the event became part of The European Tour in 1972.
• Began the final day one shot behind. Becomes the sixth winner this season to make up a final round deficit.
• Is the first winner on The European Tour to win with an over par score since Justin Rose at the 2013 U.S. Open.
• Is the first player to win a regular European Tour event with an over par score since Ian Woosnam, at the 1996 Scottish Open.
Is the equal highest winning score in relation to par in the event since 1972, matching the one over par by Antonio Garrido in 1972.
• The second consecutive English victory on The European Tour, following Danny Willett at the Masters Tournament.
• The third English victory of the 2016 season. They are: Danny Willett (Omega Dubai Desert Classic and Masters Tournament) and Andrew Johnston (Real Club Valderrama Open de España hosted by the Sergio Garcia Foundation).
• The 304th English victory in European Tour history.
• The 93rd different Englishman to win in European Tour history.
• Gains his largest European Tour prize of €333,330.
• Gains a European Tour exemption until the end of 2018.
• Gains his third victory as professional.
• The sixth victory on the 2016 European Tour season by a former European Challenge Tour player They are: Brandon Stone (BMW SA Open hosted by City of Ekurhuleni), Haydn Porteous (Joburg Open), Branden Grace (Commercial Bank Qatar Masters), Marcus Fraser (Maybank Championship Malaysia), Louis Oosthuizen (ISPS HANDA Perth International) and Andrew Johnston Vera (Real Club Valderrama Open de España hosted by the Sergio Garcia Foundation).
• The 379th European Tour victory by a former Challenge Tour player.
• The 147th different former Challenge Tour player to win on The European Tour.