SUNDAY AUGUST 28, 2016 - MADE IN DENMARK
• His third European Tour International Schedule victory in his 74th European Tour event.
• Moves to 1,060,909 points in the Race to Dubai.
• Could move into the top 40 in the Official World Golf Ranking, from 54th.
• His first victory since the 2015 KLM Open.
• This victory beats his previous best 2016 performances of second in the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship and the D+D REAL Czech Masters, seven days ago.
• Claims European titles in consecutive seasons for the first time during his European Tour career.
• He won his first title, the 2015 D+D REAL Czech Masters at the end of August and the 2015 KLM Open in September. This win in August 2016 means he is the only player to win three European Tour events between August 2015 and August 2016.
• His three European Tour victories have all come in his last 27 European Tour events.
• Continues with his wonderful August form. Was fourth in the Olympic Golf Competition, second in the D+D REAL Czech Masters and now first in the Made in Denmark.
• Victory comes in his second appearance in the Made in Denmark.
• This victory beats his previous best finish in the Made in Denmark of tied 35th in 2015.
• Becomes the youngest winner of the Made in Denmark, aged 24 years and 214 days.
• His fifth top four finish of the 2016 season. Was second in the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship, third in the True Thailand Classic presented by Chang, fourth in the Olympic Men’s Golf Competition, second in the D+D REAL Czech Masters and now first in the Made in Denmark.
• Has now won €411,110 in his last two European Tour appearances - €111,110 in the D+D REAL Czech Masters and €300,000 for the Made in Denmark.
• Is now a total of 40 under par in his last three events. Was nine under in the Olympic Men’s Golf Competition, 14 below par in the D+D REAL Czech Masters and 17 under in the Made in Denmark.
• His 62 in round one is the lowest start by a winner this season on the European Tour, beating the 65 of Jimmy Walker at the US PGA Championship.
• His winning total of 267 (-17) is the lowest in the history of the Made in Denmark.
• Becomes the sixth Belgium victory in European Tour history.
• Becomes the first Belgian to win three European Tour events, overtaking Nicolas Colsaerts, who has two.
• Began the final round one shot behind Bradley Dredge. Becomes the 14th winner this season to make up a final round deficit.
• Equals his largest European Tour prize of €300,000. He gained this when he won the 2015 KLM Open.
• Gains his third win as a professional.
|T6||VAN ZYL, Jaco||RSA||18||-11|