SUNDAY DECEMBER 11, 2016 - UBS HONG KONG OPEN
• His first European Tour International Schedule victory in his 17th European Tour event.
• Could move to into the top 150 of the Official World Golf Ranking from 480th.
• This victory beats his previous best European Tour finish of tied 11th in the 2015 True Thailand Classic presented by Black Mountain.
• This victory beats his previous best 2017 European Tour performance of tied 15th in the Australian PGA Championship.
• Becomes the second first-time winner of the 2017 season. They are: Harold Varner III (Australian PGA Championship) and Sam Brazel (UBS Hong Kong Open).
• Victory comes in his third appearance in the UBS Hong Kong Open.
• This victory beats his previous best finish in the UBS Hong Kong Open of tied 18th in 2015.
• Follows Fredrik Jacobson (2003), José Manuel Lara (2007), Lin Wen-tang (2009 – Nov 08) and Scott Hend (2014 – Oct 14), as players making the UBS Hong Kong Open their first European Tour title since the event became part of the European Tour in 2002.
• This victory extends Australia’s run of consecutive winning years on the European Tour to five, dating back to the 2013 season.
• Becomes the first Australian to win the UBS Hong Kong Open since Scott Hend in October 2014.
• Becomes the second Australian to win the UBS Hong Kong Open since the event became part of the European Tour in the 2002 season.
• The seventh Australian victory on the European Tour since the start of December 2015.
• The sixth Australian victory in the calendar year of 2016 on the European Tour.
• Becomes the 126th Australian victory in European Tour history.
• Becomes the 43rd different Australian to win on the European Tour.
• Gains a two-year European Tour exemption should he take up European Tour Membership.
|2||CABRERA BELLO, Rafa||ESP||18||-12|