DID YOU KNOW - TSHWANE OPEN
• The Tshwane Open is the fourth and final event of the 2017 European Tour season to be co-sanctioned with the Sunshine Tour. (Overall South Africa is hosting five tournaments during this year’s schedule, the Nedbank Golf Challenge, being the other, forming part of the Rolex Final Series).
• With his 2015 Tshwane Open triumph, George Coetzee became the first South African to win their first two European Tour titles on home soil since Dawie Van der Walt (2013 Tshwane Open and 2014 Nelson Mandela Championship presented by ISPS HANDA). Coetzee’s first success was the 2014 Joburg Open.
• George Coetzee won the 2015 Tshwane Open at Pretoria Country Club, the club where he is attached to. He was the first player to win a European Tour event on a course where that player was attached when the event was played, since Sergio Garcia. The Spaniard won the 2008 CASTELLO MASTERS Costa Azahar at the Club de Golf del Mediterraneo.
• South Africa will look to continue their success in the Tshwane Open. Players from that country have won three of the four editions of the event. They are: Dawie Van der Walt (2013), George Coetzee (2015) and Charl Schwartzel (2016).
• Pretoria Country Club was used for the first time in European Tour competition in the 2015 Tshwane Open. This was the first time Pretoria has staged a European Tour event, co-sanctioned with the Sunshine Tour.