SUNDAY MARCH 26, 2017 - WGC - DELL TECHNOLOGIES MATCH PLAY
• Gains his fifth European Tour International Schedule victory in his 69th European Tour event.
• Extends his lead at the top of the Official World Golf Ranking and moves to 12.8019 points.
• His second European Tour International Schedule title of the 2017 season, following on from his victory in the WGC-Mexico Championship.
• The first time he has won two European Tour titles in the same season.
• Becomes the first multiple winner of the 2017 European Tour season.
• His second European Tour title comes in consecutive appearances, following the 2017 WGC-Mexico Championship.
• Becomes the first player since Jeunghun Wang (2016 Trophée Hassan II and 2016 AfrAsia Bank Mauritius Open), to win in consecutive European Tour appearances.
• Claims his fifth career WGC title. Following his victory in the 2017 WGC-Mexico Championship, becomes only the second player following Tiger Woods to win consecutive WGC titles.
• Following his victory in the 2017 WGC-Mexico Championship, follows Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson as the only players to win multiple WGC titles in the same season.
• Makes WGC history by becoming the first player to win all four of the WGC events. Tiger Woods has won three of the four. The only one he has failed to win to date is the WGC-HSBC Champions.
• His five WGC victories are: 2013 WGC –HSBC Champions, 2015 WGC-Mexico Championship, 2016 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational, 2017 WGC-Mexico Championship and 2017 WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play. Has now won three of the last four WGC events, dating back to the 2016 WGC-Bridgestone Invitational).
• Claims his fifth WGC title in his 29th WGC career appearance.
• Claims his first WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play title in his ninth appearance in the event.
• This victory beats his previous best finish in the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play of tied fifth in 2016.
• This victory is the tenth American victory in the history of the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play. They are: Jeff Maggert (1999), Steve Stricker (2001), Kevin Sutherland (2002), Tiger Woods (2003, 2004, 2008), David Toms (2005), Hunter Mahan (2012), Matt Kuchar (2013) and Dustin Johnson (2017).
• Becomes the third number one seed to win the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play. They are: Tiger Woods (2003, 2004, 2008), Rory McIlroy (2015) and Dustin Johnson (2017).
• Claimed his tenth career top ten finish in his 29 WGC appearances.
• Becomes the 211th American victory in European Tour history.
• Becomes the third American victory of the 2017 European Tour season. They are: Harold Varner III (Australian PGA Championship) and Dustin Johnson (WGC-Mexico Championship and WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play).
• The 36th American victory in WGC history.
• Gains his 16th victory as a professional.