- This is Matt Fitzpatrick’s fourth European Tour victory in his 82nd appearance on tour.
- This is Fitzpatrick’s first win of the season and extends his run of consecutive winning seasons to three (2015, 2016 and 2017).
- He moves to 1,178,254 points and 12th place in the Race to Dubai Rankings.
- This win takes him to 33rd in the Official World Golf Ranking.
- Fitzpatrick is the second English winner of the Omega European Masters in three years, following Danny Willett’s victory in 2015.
- Fitzpatrick is the eighth English winner of the Omega European Masters since it became a European Tour event in 1972, after Danny Willett (2015), Luke Donald (2004), Lee Westwood (1999), Barry Lane (1993), Jamie Spence (1992), Chris Moody (1988) and Nick Faldo (1983).
- Aged 23 years and nine days, Fitzpatrick is the youngest player to reach four European Tour victories since Matteo Mannassero won the 2014 BMW PGA Championship aged 20 years and 37 days.
- This is the 315th English victory in European Tour history, exactly 100 more than the second most dominant country, the USA on 215.
- This is the 415th European Tour victory by a former Challenge Tour player.